Built-In Wine Refrigerators & Coolers are a type of refrigerators located under a cabinet and are specifically designed for wine and other beverage storage. These types of wine cabinets save space and provide a stylish way to store wine. In this article, we’ll share some tips on how to choose the right under cabinet wine fridge.
Deciding to buy built-in wine refrigerators & coolers is a simple step. However, finding one that suits your needs requires a little more work. After all, there are a huge number of types to choose from. It’s important to remember that you want a wine cooler that fits the design and style of your kitchen. It should also be functional and convenient. And of course, it should be durable and well designed.
Let’s discuss some under counter wine coolfer storage options. With any luck, your recent questions will be answered, and you’ll be able to enjoy your wine fridge for years to come. First, however, you need to find the right product.
Why do you need one?
Why do you require a built-in wine cooler in 2023? It sounds like a silly question, right? The question you need to ask yourself is why do you need a wine cooler?
Wine is a special kind of beverage. Whether you drink it regularly or occasionally, you want it to taste good. Unfortunately, if you don’t take proper care of it, the result can get very smelly. No one really wants to open a new bottle of wine for their guests at dinner and then see the look on everyone’s face as they drink your slightly overheated and stale wine. Don’t let that happen to you.
With a wine cooler, you can protect your wine by keeping it at the ideal temperature. However, you should also keep this in mind that the climate varies depending on the white or red wine. In addition to temperature, you need to store your wine at a healthy humidity (e.g. 50-70%) so that the cork doesn’t dry out and oxygen can’t get in.
A wine cooler means your wine will be pampered and ready to drink. It’s also practical because its small size makes it a great fit in the kitchen. If you are lucky enough to have a built-in wine cellar, you can still enjoy the convenience of a wine fridge.
Single-zone, dual-zone or triple-zone.
What if you like red and white wines? And what if you also want to keep wines, juices and soft drinks in your drinks cabinet? It’s easy: you’ll need more than one zone.
By dividing these built-in wine refrigerators & coolers into zones, you can maintain the right temperature for each drink without affecting the others. In other words, red wines can be kept at an optimum temperature of 55 degrees, while white wines can be kept at an optimum temperature of 40 to 45 degrees. And because there are different zones, each type of wine is not affected by these temperature variations.
Features of the wine cooler
There are a number of features to consider when buying a new built-in wine cooler. For example, you should make sure that the fridge you are considering buying has enough space for the number of bottles you have.
- A refrigerator with an aesthetic design that fits your kitchen.
- A size that suits your needs and fits your kitchen space.
- Frost-free guarantee
- Easy to understand and use temperature control panel
- Safety lock
- Minimal vibration (a rough compressor can cause wine to vibrate, and unfortunately, these vibrations are very damaging to your wine collection).
- Look for appliances with wooden or metal shelves, avoid plastic shelves.
Last but not least, you want a durable wine fridge and will retain its good looks even with possible repeated use. Buying a stainless steel wine cooler will give you the durability you want.
Some other notable benefits of a wine cooler
Are you stocking up on exotic or expensive wines? Do you drink wine regularly? Now it’s the time to think about how to preserve your investment for the long term. Plus, there are many different types of wine cabinets to choose from, and plenty of ways to integrate them into your space.
But before you discuss how to integrate a wine cooler or wine cooler into your space, it is necessary to understand why it is not enough to put a bottle or two in the refrigerator simply.
Why doesn’t a regular home refrigerator work?
Wine can easily be stored in the home refrigerator for up to a year. However, if you want to keep wine longer, an ordinary refrigerator is not enough. Even if you decide to keep wine in the refrigerator, the wine may not have a long shelf life.
The refrigerator may not be cold enough at different temperatures, and of course, the storage space for your bottles will be limited. Quality may be sacrificed and your 25 year old wine will taste like a 5 year old bottle.
Also, try to grab a bottle of wine from the back of the fridge without knocking over your potato salad, spilling your bottle of water, or dropping your fruits and vegetables. This is not an easy task.
Facts about wine coolers
A wine cooler is a great option for anyone interested in
- Storing bottles of wine for various lengths of time
- Transform a kitchen or other space with a wine rack.
- The bottles are always fully cooled to the ideal temperature.
Plus, they come in a variety of shapes and sizes to suit any space and decorative taste.
- Small single-zone units are the premier wine coolers for the kitchen or home bar. These inexpensive, compact wine coolers usually have a cooling zone and temperature control. This means you can store either red or white wine in them, but usually not both.
- Higher-end refrigerators and wine coolers offer more unique features, such as dual-zone wine storage, recall and alarm systems, shelving, and custom cabinets and shelves. While these features are great, they are not mandatory.
- This 36-bottle wine cabinet has blue LED lighting on the inside and offers a beautiful presentation of the bottles through the smooth tempered glass doors designed to protect your collection from potentially harmful UV rays. This is another good comparison to a real wine cellar! Humidity and temperature displays are also a must when you no longer have to guess at the weather.
Designing a kitchen with a wine cooler
Adding a built-in wine refrigerators & coolers to your beautiful kitchen is a stylish option. Sure, you can choose to leave the wine fridge in the pantry or even in the basement, but why not put it on display? A wine fridge not only makes it easier to serve your guests perfectly chilled wine every time. It’s also the perfect kitchen improvement if you decide to sell your home.
You can install the wine cooler on the countertop, at the kitchen island, in the pantry, or under the pantry. You can also buy the best built-in wine refrigerators & coolers in 2023 at KingsBottle. Once you’ve found a unit that fits your space and performs well, you’re ready to go!